- Columbia University in the City of New York
- +1 8046980003
- All Members
- United States of America
About Jacqueline Yu (she/her)
Hi! My name is Jacqueline Yu, and I am a freshman at Columbia University. I am originally from Richmond, Virginia, and I am a first-generation Chinese immigrant. I am an avid appreciator of the arts, and I aspire to be a museum curator. My other interests include crafts, languages (especially French, Chinese, and Italian), and dance! One of my major goals is to increase the inclusivity and outreach of museums by critically evaluating the unique ethical issues that these cultural institutions face.
I am a/an:
Area of Expertise
Laidlaw Cohort Year
I am from:
My hobbies/interests are:
I am open to participating in mentoring/buddy programmes
Rooms participated in:Columbia University
Although I am working in the humanities and therefore free of arduous lab protocols and microphotography, I face the same issue of time constraints. There are always so many sources to read, iss...
- What new ideas, challenges, or other issues have you encountered with regard to your project (this might include data collection, information that contradicts your assumptions or the assert...
Hi Angel! Your project is so fascinating, and I think its interdisciplinary potential speaks to its importance. For example, in terms of my potential field, museums are often seen as pedagogical...
- While all Laidlaw Scholars will be presenting their research at the Columbia Undergraduate Research Symposium in the fall, what are the more immediate expectations that you have for your re...
The ethical issue that you mention is incredibly interesting and demonstrates how our theoretical research could have real-life, devastating implications for a broad range of pe...
- What are some of the ethical issues that you are grappling with in your research? What are some of the ways in which you are responding to these questions?
My project is focusin...
Hi Joanne! I definitely agree with you about how interdisciplinary philosophy is. My art history research project is pretty rooted in philosophical texts, and I even read some Foucault this week...
- Last week the trainings and discussions we had cut across the disciplines. How does the interdisciplinary nature of this program, the fact that students are focusing on such a diverse range...