Thank you for attending this short introduction session to the Laidlaw Scholars Network! You can watch the recording here, and find a few notes below. If you would like to learn more, you can take this short course, or visit the Learning Hub.
The Laidlaw Scholars Network is our online platform that we created for everyone in the global Laidlaw community to connect, support each other, and thrive.
The video takes you through the main 5 features of the site:
- The Homepage
- Channels - ‘buckets’ of content into which you can add posts, videos and documents.
- Rooms - sub-communities on the network, based on affiliation or theme. Women's room coming soon!
- Publishing content - how to publish a piece of content on the site.
- Directories - a feature that allows you to carry out a filtered search of Network members.
The second part of the video explores how using the Network can help you excel as a Laidlaw Scholar:
- Building Your Network - the site is a place where people come to search for like-minded peers to connect with, potential co-founders, colleagues, mentors. This is an expert network - you can be certain that you are all exceptionally bright and talented individuals who embody the Laidlaw Values. You can optimise networking using the Directories and signing up to the digest to be notified by email when interesting content is published.
- Sharing Expertise and Engaging in Discussions - the Conversations feature in Rooms allows you to start discussion threads. These can be anything - e.g. discussing your Operations Management module, asking for reading suggestions, looking for others' expertise, such as "Do you have any tips for negotiation a raise?"
- Paying It Forward - on the Network, you can offer your own expertise, time, and connections to help others succeed. This may be by publishing your reflections & key take-aways to help others succeed; participating in discussion and giving advice; and mentoring.
There are several exciting features coming to the Network soon, such as Direct Messaging! We are currently working on a Women's room to provide a space for all our MBA Scholars around the world to connect and empower each other.
Thank you to everyone who shared their suggestions for improving the Network. If you have any more suggestions or thoughts on how we can make the site the best it can be for you, please comment down below! 👇