Current and Former Laidlaw Scholars: How to Use the Network
Welcome to the Laidlaw Scholars Network! Whether you are a current or a former Laidlaw scholar, this short course will provide you with an overview of why we have created the Network and how it can be most useful to you as a passionate change maker and next generation leader.
Introduction to the Course
Welcome to the Laidlaw Scholars’ Network! Whether you are a current or a former scholar, this short course will provide you with an overview of why we have created the Network and how it can be most useful to you as a passionate change maker and next generation leader.
1. Setting Up Your Profile
In this module, you will complete your profile and update your account settings.
2. Posting Content
Once you have completed your profile, you can post content to the site!
3. Searching for Content
Try searching for content on the network that best aligns with your interests!
4. Using Directories
The Laidlaw Scholars Network allows you to connect not only with fellow scholars, but also with research supervisors, other faculty members, organisations and more.
5. Networking and Communicating with Others
Found someone with whom you would like to connect? Here is how you can connect with them:
In this module, we will learn what rooms are and how you can use them. Make sure that you can access your university's room!
7. Sharing Your Leadership Experience and Success Story!
During your time as a current or former Laidlaw Scholar, reinvest your knowledge and expertise to help others succeed.
What you'll learn
- How to set up your profile on the site and why it is important.
- What are directories and how you can use the site to communicate with other users.
- How to post and search for content on the Network.
- Why you should share your leadership experience and success story.
- What are rooms and why they are important.