What is The Global Kid?
The Global Kid is a political comic book produced by NYU professor Maha Aziz. In 2016, Maha crowdfunded the project to teach tweens and teens about their activist role in tackling our shared challenges. All profits went to youth-focused charities.
This year, following the comic's sixth education award, Maha is using innovative technologies in partnership with Musemio to release a sequel: the world's first VR/AR political comic. It will launch in late June/early July in London and globally on Amazon.
Join this unique project and leverage both creativity and innovative technology to help kids start thinking about their activist role in improving the world.
What will you do?
You will help Maha and Musemio organize workshops and book distribution among underprivileged and underrepresented students in the UK and globally via various education non-profit partners and schools, such as Global Citizen - a key charity partner - who have recently secured over $300M for vaccines through the VaxLive fundraiser concert chaired by Prince Harry.
Take the lead on:
- Outreach to UK/global media and related PR for the project;
- Outreach/marketing of The Global Kid to UK schools (especially in underrepresented areas) and abroad;
- If there is time and interest, marketing and execution of the NFT based on The Global Kid with artist Paperboyo - one of the world's first politically themed, educational NFTs. Proceeds will go to Global Citizen.
What will you learn?
Take your theoretical leadership knowledge and put it into practice by helping to lead the outreach campaign and create an impact on educating kids in underserved areas!
This is an excellent real-world opportunity to work on your:
- Verbal and written communication
- Time and project management
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Interpersonal skills
Maha also mentors grad students at NYU, high schoolers via Pioneer Academics, and young diplomats via the Global Diplomatic Forum online. You will have the chance to be mentored by Maha on your academic and career path.
How to apply
If you are interested in joining, please send a quick email to Olga Kravchenko at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you can! Remember to also check with your university's Laidlaw coordinator.