The Laidlaw Foundation invests in the education of the underprivileged and underrepresented in order to break the cycle of poverty, reduce inequality and develop a new generation of leaders. We believe education is the most powerful tool to create systemic change.
About the Role
We are seeking a dynamic and dedicated individual to join our team as a full-time Community and Project Management Executive. In this multifaceted role, you will be pivotal in managing and engaging with our online network of 2500+ members, collaborating with partner institutions to execute the Foundation's programmes, and providing essential administrative support to internal projects.
- Maintain an active global scholars’ community by fostering connections and promoting collaborative initiatives on the Laidlaw Scholars Network.
- Create compelling content and execute initiatives to increase engagement, enhancing the impact of our global network.
- Organise, promote, and host online and offline events, including the annual Scholars Conference, Global Induction events, and engaging webinars with influential guests.
- Utilise your project management skills to lead and oversee internal projects, ensuring seamless execution and timely delivery.
- Collaborate with partner institutions to ensure the effective execution of the Foundation's programmes, maximising impact and support for beneficiaries.
- Manage the content calendar and monitor social media sentiment to engage our audience and amplify our message effectively.
- Take ownership of the Laidlaw Foundation and Laidlaw Scholars Ventures’ social media presence, cultivating a growing and engaged following.
- Top university graduate or equivalent calibre, ideally at a Laidlaw partner university.
- At least 18 months to two years of relevant experience.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in social media management, particularly on LinkedIn and Twitter, with a strong understanding of content curation and audience engagement.
- Strong project management skills, allowing you to plan, execute, and evaluate projects while adapting to changing needs.
- Familiarity with online analytics and metrics to track and assess the impact of community engagement and social media efforts.
- Experience with Hootsuite or similar tools, content management systems, marketing automation, and digital and social media literacy are highly advantageous.
- HTML / web programming
- Photoshop / other design software
- WordPress or other blogging tool knowledge
- Virtual events hosting expertise
- The right to work in the UK
Attributes and Traits
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Cares about making a difference
- Enjoys overcoming challenges
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Thoroughly hands-on
Benefits of Joining Our Team
- Time off: enjoy 25 days of paid time off and holidays to recharge
- Learning and development: maximise your growth within our learning culture
- Big impact: help us follow our mission of transforming lives through inspirational education, developing the next generation of leaders, and fuelling women in leadership
You will need to be in London at least two days a week.
We accept international applications and are able to sponsor visas.
Competitive, based on experience. Salary range: £27,000-£40,000.
How To Apply
Email email@example.com with the subject line “Community and Project Management Executive Application”. Include your CV and a cover letter explaining why you would love to join the Laidlaw Foundation team.
Please also include a link to your Laidlaw Scholars Network profile if you are a Scholar.
Application deadline: August 14, 2023
Start date: September 1, 2023