Atalanta is a social enterprise whose mission is to increase the number of women holding senior government positions worldwide and accelerate programmes that tackle the root causes of gender inequality. We provide communications and political consulting services to a range of clients including political candidates and parties, government ministries, NGOs, and corporations.
Location: Remote work until it is safe to return to the office, then London (closest tube station: Liverpool Street)
Start Date: Immediately
Contract Length: 3 months initially with the potential for an extension
Experience & Skills
Atalanta is seeking an ambitious, dedicated, self-starter to serve as a strategic communications intern across a range of not for profit, government and corporate clients. A successful intern will be driven by a desire to excel and a painstaking attention to detail and will be eager to take on a demanding role in a dynamic scale-up environment.
A competitive candidate will have had some exposure to digital communications and must have strong writing and research skills. They will need to be highly tech literate and able to rapidly understand new systems and applications.
English language fluency is a requirement. Additional language skills (particularly Portuguese, Arabic, French or Spanish) are preferable but not required.
Here’s what we care about:
- Delivering high-quality work
- Building a dynamic team with a diversity of backgrounds and skillsets
- Working for incredible clients that have an impact on their countries, sectors and communities
Here's what we don't care about:
- How many A-Levels you have, and what grades you got
- Whether you went to university, and if so, what you studied
- Whether you’ve already had tons of work experience and internships
Here's what we're looking for:
- Someone who is hungry to learn and build new skills in strategic communications and digital marketing
- Someone who is organised, with a high level of attention to detail
- Someone who is willing to “muck in” and who understands that not all tasks are exciting or glamorous
- Someone who is tech-savvy and has experience using social media either in their personal life or in a work setting
- Someone with the ability to think on their feet and grasp new concepts they aren’t already familiar with
- Someone who is curious about the world, reads widely and has an interest in geopolitics, international relations and international development
- Someone who bounces back from mistakes and learns from feedback
Here’s what you would be doing:
Contributing to the delivery of digital marketing and communications projects for a range of clients including public sector organisations, NGOs, and corporate clients by:
- Writing social media and blog content
- Quickly learning how to use a range of online platforms
- Helping to deliver client reports by using social media management and digital analytics toolsets
- Helping to keep projects on track by using project management software, keeping records of tasks assigned to various team members, and keeping filing systems organised
- Coordinating with our team of designers to manage the creation of social media graphics and keep them organised
- Conducting background research
- Learning about digital marketing and communications strategy
The candidate must have the right to work in the United Kingdom. Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
The successful candidate will be paid the London Living Wage of £10.85 per hour, with a full-time commitment required.
Atalanta is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We strongly believe that diversity in the workplace is an asset both to our organisation and for our ability to deliver for our diverse client base.
Remember to mention that you are a current/former Laidlaw Scholar and include a link to your Laidlaw Scholars Network profile.