This opportunity is open to current and former recipients of the Laidlaw Women's Business Education Scholarship at Columbia Business School, London Business School, and Saïd Business School.
Would you like to pioneer a close-knit community of extraordinary women from top business schools across the globe?
Are you looking to develop your leadership skills, build confidence, and lift up your fellow scholars by paying it forward?
Would you like to contribute to our mission of achieving gender parity in business?
Join the Laidlaw Women in Business Society as a founding committee member.
We launched the Laidlaw Women in Business Scholarship to give exceptional women the education and networks to achieve equal representation and power in business, regardless of their background. With over 300 women having earned their business degrees as Laidlaw Scholars, we are looking to establish an inter-School Society to:
- Extend the global network of future women leaders by forging powerful inter-School connections;
- Offer opportunities to develop your leadership & management skills and enhance your CV;
- Provide a safe and supportive space to seek guidance, share expertise, and navigate your career.
As President, you will be leading the Society as a whole, working with fellow committee members to create and follow your vision. You will:
- Conceive, develop and execute initiatives and events;
- Explore and establish partnerships;
- Organise and lead committee meetings;
- Support the committee in performing their roles;
- Liaise with the School coordinators and the central Laidlaw Foundation team.
As Vice-President, you will be the backbone of the Society, ensuring that it runs smoothly, and supporting the President in providing leadership and direction. You will:
- Support the practical execution of initiatives and events - booking venues, setting schedules, managing budgets;
- Liaise with the President to plan meetings, compile agendas, circulate agendas, reports and minutes;
- Support the Community Secretary in publicising initiatives and events, and maintaining active engagement amongst Society members.
As Community Secretary, you will build and maintain active engagement of Society members -- both online and offline -- through initiatives and events. You will:
- Organise and publicise events & initiatives that help achieve the vision of the Society, such as regular socials, workshops, discussion groups, talks, etc.;
- Be in charge of the Society's activity on the Laidlaw Scholars Network - maintaining your Room, publishing content, and generally ensuring that it is an important part of your success as a Society;
- Connect and listen to your members, receiving feedback and acting as their advocate when it comes to making crucial decisions.
HOW TO APPLY
Please fill out the application form below by Monday, June 27th.
Please make sure that you are registered on the Laidlaw Scholars Network and have completed your profile before applying.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or comment below.
If the button above is not working please use this link to apply.