What do the different groups mean?
When you register to the Network, you will have the option of choosing between a range of different groups, which are:
- Alumni: This includes every Laidlaw Scholar who has obtained their diploma
- Laidlaw Undergraduate Scholar: University undergraduate students who have been selected to be a part of the Laidlaw Research and Leadership Scholarship
- Laidlaw Business School Scholar: These are MBA women scholars who have been given funding to become business leaders
- Forté Fellow: Forté is a nonprofit organisation that targets women who are considering an MBA but don't have access to the support network they need to navigate the business school admissions process. This group includes all women who are part of the Forté MBALaunch
- Supervisor: University professors and academics who guide and advice Laidlaw Undergraduate Scholars in their conduction of research
- University Administrator: Individuals with the ability to invite scholars from their university to the network, as well as post content in their rooms
- Faculty: University leaders and staff who do not fall under the category “supervisor” or “university administrator”
- Laidlaw Foundation - Members and Trustees
- Other [insert text]: We’ve received applications to access the Network from a wide range of people, including scholars’ grandmas! If a user does not fit into any of the above categories, they can type their position under “other”. They will then be personally contacted to clarify their relation to the Network.
I hope this clarifies what the different groups are, Max!