About the Role
In this role, you will be the glue that connects our community and our programmes. You will create, curate, and deliver brilliant content and communications that position the Foundation brand, promote our purpose and programmes, and grow and engage our communities.
You will use digital to ensure that our communities know who we are, what we do and why. Most importantly, by monitoring, managing and optimising our community platform, website, CMS, digital assets and social media channels, you will build a community with shared values and a strong sense of purpose.
Break the cycle of poverty. Create a new generation of leaders. Transform lives.
- Maintain an active global scholars’ community
- Create content and execute initiatives to increase engagement on the Laidlaw Scholars Network
- Organise, promote, and host online and offline events, including the Global Scholars Conference, Global Induction event, and webinars with influential guests
- Work with Leadership in Action partners to promote their programmes and ensure high impact Scholar experiences
- Provide support and answer questions on the Network
- Work closely with the CEOs of all parts of the Foundation to build thought leadership campaigns
- Manage the relationship with the universities to promote scholarship programmes and successes
- Using Foundation thought leadership, join, add value to and start conversations on the benefits of diverse leadership, women in power and the next generation of curious, bold and ethical leaders
Website management, development and optimization
- Maximise web traffic, discoverability and engagement; owning SEO and PPC for the Foundation site and the Laidlaw Scholars Network
- Keep all websites brand-aligned, up-to-date and legally compliant
- Work closely with the Laidlaw Schools Trust social media and digital team to ensure a coherent strategy and positioning
Social media managing and monitoring
- Produce and manage the content calendar
- Monitor social media sentiment
- Own the Laidlaw Foundation and Laidlaw Scholars Ventures’ social media presence & following
Analysis and planning
- Budgeting and invoice control
- Data & analysis and reporting on key performance indicators for social media and websites
- ROI and input into strategic direction
- Top university graduate or equivalent calibre, ideally at a Laidlaw partner university
- 18 months to two years of relevant experience
- Content production experience: web cards, infographics, listicles, videos
- Excellent copywriting skills
- WordPress or other blogging tool knowledge
- Hootsuite or similar tools experience
- CMS and marketing automation experience
- Digital and social media high literacy
- Virtual events hosting expertise
- Ability to move quickly and adapt to changing needs
- HTML / web programming
- Photoshop / other design software
- Podcast production
- Video editing
- The right to work in the UK
Attributes and traits
- Exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills
- Cares about making a difference
- Enjoys overcoming challenges
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Thoroughly hands-on
Benefits of Joining Our Team
- Time off: enjoy 25 days of paid time off and holidays to recharge
- Learning and development: maximise your growth within our learning culture
- Big impact: help us follow our mission of transforming lives through inspirational education, developing the next generation of leaders, and fuelling women in leadership
Flexible: Be prepared to attend meetings in London and Newcastle, UK. You will have access to a coworking space in Central London. You do not have to be UK-based for this role - we accept international applications.
Competitive, based on experience.
How To Apply
Email email@example.com with the subject line “COMMUNITY MANAGER APPLICATION”. Include your CV and a cover letter explaining why you would love to join the Laidlaw Foundation team.
Please also include a link to your Laidlaw Scholars Network profile!
Application deadline: 4 November 2022
Starting date: As soon as possible
Please sign in
If you are a registered user on Laidlaw Scholars Network, please sign in