The Laidlaw Foundation, in conjunction with the Laidlaw Schools Trust and The Tutors' Association, is delighted to be announcing its new 'Scholars Tutor Programme'.
❗ Deadline extended: Monday, 31 January
The Scholars Tutor Programme is an exciting opportunity for scholars to undertake paid work with children and young people to have a significant impact on their education and life chances. In addition, tutors will receive industry-leading training and qualification on how to deliver highly effective tuition, provided by The Tutors' Association.
The Scholars Tutor Programme is ideal for current Laidlaw Scholars or alumni from the Scholars Programme who would like to:
- Have a real and demonstrable impact on children and young people.
- Acquire valuable teaching/tuition experience alongside online training and qualifications from The Tutors' Association - the only national professional body representing the tuition sector.
- Receive mentoring and support from an experienced tutor/teacher.
- Develop important transferable skills such valued by academic institutions and employers, both in the education sector and beyond.
- Earn an hourly rate of £15 delivering online tuition.
We are looking for Scholars to provide tuition at primary level (for English and Maths) and at secondary level (maths, sciences, French and geography). We expect applicants to commit to a minimum of 16 hours of tuition in March and April 2022, with the possibility of delivering more tuition or continuing past the end of April.
PLACES ARE LIMITED.
Please note: At the moment, this programme is only open to Laidlaw Scholars studying in the UK and Ireland.
How to Apply 📚
If you are interested in being involved then please submit a CV and cover letter to email@example.com and fill out the following application form: Click here for the application form.
Please note: the deadline for applications is 4pm on Monday the 31st of January. You must have submitted your CV, cover letter and completed the application form by this date in order to be considered. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Please sign in
If you are a registered user on Laidlaw Scholars Network, please sign in
Hi Thank you soo much for this opportunity! Wondering if there will be another call for applications close to summertime or whether students can apply and start from May onwards at the end of term?